The Suicide Prevention Unit is still seeking volunteers to participate in the Community-based Suicide Prevention Grant Review Process. Attached, please find a PDF with detailed information regarding the opportunity.
If you are interested, please complete this informational survey: https://redcap.health.state.mn.us/redcap/surveys/?s=T9JMNCEDY8RFYX43.Seeking-grant-reviewers
Minnesota Community-Based Suicide Prevention
Review Process 2023
THE SUICIDE PREVENTION UNIT IS SEEKING VOLUNTEERS TO
PARTICIPATE IN THE COMMUNITY -BASED SUICIDE
PREVENTION GRANT REVIEW PROCESS.
The Community-Based Suicide Prevention grant was created to serve the needs of Minnesotans
at risk of suicide.
Roles and responsibilities
Grant reviewers will:
• Participate in a one-hour virtual training on Tuesday, March 21, 2023, 1-2 p.m. or
Wednesday, March 22 10-11a.m.
• Participate in a four-hour virtual review team meeting on Wednesday, April 5, 2023
• Complete and sign a Conflict-of-Interest Disclosure Form.
• Review and score approximately 6-10 grant applications using a predetermined score
sheet. Reviewers will be given a week to review the grant applications.
We are seeking volunteers who:
• Identify as people of color or American Indian
• Come from across Minnesota’s urban and rural communities
• Have lived experience with and knowledge of suicide prevention
Participating in the review process is an opportunity for participants to:
• Help select the best applicants for funding suicide prevention work.
• Meet and network with other people.
• Learn about suicide prevention happening across Minnesota.
• Learn more about state grants and how the review process works.
• Practice using an equity lens.
How to apply
Application link: https://redcap.health.state.mn.us/redcap/surveys/?s=T9JMNCEDY8RFYX43
Application due date: Friday, March 3, 2023
Thank you for your interest!
Minnesota Department of Healt